India is a well-diversified country which has attracted people from all across the globe for multipurpose, be it for tourism or for business. Here we are going to talk about them later. So if you are a non-resident of India or know anyone of such who wishes to do business in India, then he/she must register themselves under the GST, through the online GST registration portal, for the smooth functioning of the business.
GST Registration for Non-Resident of India
An NRI who wishes to register himself must go through these pROCesses, which are mentioned below.
- Fill the FORM GST REG-09 along with a self-attested copy of the valid passport of the NRI.
- The application then has to be signed and then later verified by the EVC. This application must be submitted at least 5 days before the commencement of the business.
- The application for registration shall be submitted along with its tax identification number or the TIN of that country in case if the business is already set up on different land.
- An advance deposit of the tax is to be submitted at the time of submission of the application.
Then after you have completed the provisional registration you can get yourself a final registration done by following the pROCedure mentioned below. The pROCess which one has to go through for the final registration is similar to the one as that of the residents.
- Fill a FORM GST REG–26 registration form online.
- Then if the information is correct, fill the form FORM GST REG-06 else the officer would issue a show-cause notice using FORM GST REG-27. In this, if there is any genuine reason which could be taken into consideration, then it would be accepted else even the provisional would get cancelled via FORM GST REG-28
- If the reply of the applicant is satisfactory, then the show cause notice would be declared void by issuing the form GST REG- 20
- The registration application has to be signed by an Indian with a valid PAN and then only would the NRI be able to practice his business.